Monday, December 8, 2008

Angel or Devil? Is stealing... on purpose or accident?

Okay....you know how we question daily which one (devil or angel) our children are portraying. Well we had to have a life lesson just recently with Kaleb. We went gorcery shopping and you know all those toys that are at the check stand area...well Kaleb was playing with a plastic play phone and I told him to put it back because it was time to go and of course he made it look like he had put it away. I put all the groceries away in the car and Alex was buckling Kaleb up when he says, "at least I still have my phone!" Alex started screaming, "Mom!" Soooo, I took Kaleb out of the car and told Alex to keep the doors locked with her and Tristan inside. I started to walk up to the front of Walmart and Kaleb was already kicking and screaming. He kept saying very loud.."I don' t want to say I'm sorry!" Everyone is looking at me in the parking lot like I was stealing a child or something. This bell ringer was outside and she kept watching me. Finally I make my way up to the doors. I set Kaleb down and I tried to explain that people who steal have to go to jail. I told him I was going to call Uncle Silver (whose a policeman) and tell him what he did. That made him scream louder. Threats were not working. He was having a total mental breakdown infront of walmart. I played everycard possible with him. Of course before the jail thing we talked about how Jesus would be very sad if he did not go in and apologize. Finally this bell ringer, who had been staring at me this whole time, steps in and says, "If you go in and apologize then I will let you ring the bell." He stops crying, stands up and says okay. We went in and found the checker and he hands it to the checker and apologizes and then the checker looks at him and says, "did you take that on accident?" Of course he is going to say, "oh yah...it was on accident! Yah sure that is what happened...I didn't take it on purpose." So after talking about making good choices....the checker lets him off easy by letting him say it was on accident! NO IT WASN'T!! HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING! Anyway....there it is....he is 3 almost 4 and he already had his first offense. I don't think he will do it again! At least not anytime soon. (I hope)

4 comments:

Julie said...

JAIMEE!!!!! I LOVE IT and that is soooo my "sweet" little nephew!! Though I'm afraid to know what jason thought of this little "accident" hehe

Terri said...

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I love it. That was the best story, silver got a kick out of it as well. I just wish you had pictures of the big fall. I love you....you are the best.

just dandee said...

Ha Ha Ha. Life little lessons can make the best stories. Thanks for sharing. I hope you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Wish we could see you for the holidays BUT I will stay posted through this wonderful blogging world.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh the joys of being a parent. I wish I could say you are the only one who has ever had this "choice" experience. However, I can honestly say.. been there, done that. But I do love the fact it was you and not me- this time. Hope you have a Merry Christmas! Come to Utah, we miss you! Lori