Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ode to Tami! The Top 20 (I know you'd love more)

I must say that my family is quite needy!!! I guess we all feel the need to be told that we love them publically!! I was also informed that all I said about Tami (on my Provo trip) was that I spent time with her. I had a request to say....WHY I LOVE TAMI (i am sure Terri you will be next to ask)....so here it is:
1. Because she is my sister (blood of course)
2. Because she is the one that everyone says I look the most like :)
3. I can talk to her about anything forever and she never gets bored
4. She gives me clothes....thank goodness!
5. She asks me for advice about school stuff (teaching)....and then actually tries what I told her to try.
6. She will take all my kids clothes....as my kids grow out of them so that I can ooh and ahh over how cute they look in them
7. She lets me come down and stay at her house every time I go on break from school (and doesn't complain about how long my kids terrorize her house and cupboards)
8. She sets up my hair appointments for me (with her awesome friend Nicole) who lives in cedar and then she comes with me to the appointments
9. She will listen to me vent about anything (work, kids, husbands..come on we all do it, diets, clothes, money, decision making, decorating my house, etc....)
10. We both try and figure out why our boys (kaleb and elijah do the things they do)
11. She is my cheerleader for anything that I want to accomplish
12. She is great at giving me whatever inspirational speech I need (I wonder if she has them written down on paper and just pulls them out of a drawer and reads the one that I need to hear)
13. I can tease her about things without her getting mad...like when she was in a Princess Pagent, or when she busts out in song like Cinderella, Snow White, or our mom, or when she use to pull her socks clear up to her knees, or when she had her first kiss right infront of me, this could go on forever too) OR how she can laugh at herself when she does embarrasing things in public like I do (honk at people she thinks she knows, strikes up conversations with people who she thought was someone else, waves at strangers because she thought it was her friend and it was not, gets things caught in her teeth and still continues to smile at everyone, I could go on and on....)
14. Always visits me or attempts to visit me...if she steps foot in vegas
15. She falls asleep anywhere.....just like I do....especially infront of the tv watching stupid shows that i like to watch
16. Makes me healthy meals when I come to visit her (because she knows I am trying to stay within my weight watchers points)
17. Doesn't get bored when we just sit around and talk....while our kids are tearing apart the house or backyard
The last 3 reasons come from my kids because....I love Tami because she loves and cares for my kids! So here's what they said:
18. Tristan says, "I love Tami because she gives desserts after dinner that his mom doesn't give." (He's full of it....like he is deprived of desserts at our house, but thats his perception right?)
19. Kaleb says, "I love Tami because she makes me breakfast." (like I don't feed him?)
20. Alex says, "I love Tami because she lets us watch a movie late at night or lets us fall asleep infront of the TV and my mom doesn't." (Auntie gets to be the nice one right?)

No comments: