Thursday, June 5, 2008

My darling, innocent Kaleb (who never gets into anything)






Lately for a treat, I had been eating sugar free jello with whipcream and strawberries.....well Kaleb would watch me fix it and then beg for bites the whole time. One day when I was watching American Idol ,that I recorded and he knew I would zone out, Kaleb decided to make himself a treat....in the corner. He got out a bowl, a spoon, the whipcream, and the strawberries. However, he scooped half the container of whipcream into his bowl and put in ONE strawberry. When I caught him he said, "I was fixin' a snack....where's the other fruit?" He acted like he had a halo around his head. He thought he was doing nothing wrong, because he is a big boy and big boys can fix their own snacks. Kaleb is like a dog. He hides things behind the massage chair. Usually it is food. Some of the items that I frequently find behind the chair are: open soup cans (the kind with the pop lid), spoons, box of malt-o-meal (what is he going to do with that), cracker box, empty wrappers, cheese, yogurt containers (empty), candy wrappers (usually candy he stole from his older sister), chips, Cheeze Its, or anything that he doesn't want anyone to take from him. If anyone is missing something...that is the first place we all go look. So, I was very surprised when I found him in a different corner with his snack. He tried to climb on the counter and hide on the side of the fridge that you can't see from the living room. Maybe he is realizing he needs a new spot.

No comments: